House Wars (aka why I love the Potter Fandom)

I tend to spend the time I am not working (which is a lot considering I just have a part time job at the moment) online.

This results in me watching way to many videos on youtube, discovering awesome things like nerdfighters and wizard rock. This then results in me following random people on twitter, which then results in one of these friends asking me what this #housewars tag people are using is about.

Me being me and being bored asks twitter with the tag and I get an @ reply answer. This then results in me following this massive conversation over which alliance of potter houses are better between ravenclaw and slytherin vs gryffindor vs hufflepuff. (I of course was on the gryffinpuff side- hufflepuffs ftw). I participated a little in the fight, but I wasn't as vocal as I could have been. I was half torn between shyness and a random twitter wizarding duel I had started as a result of the housewars with a friend on twitter where I somehow ended up on the lost island.

I don't think a winner was ever decided. But it didn't matter because it kept me laughing.

And this isn't the first time the potter fandom has kept me laughing. I seem to remember a fateful yuleball where I and some awesome people ended up hanging out until 3am being silly. And guys? If you see this I miss you all. I need to talk to you again. So expect random skype messages from me next time I see you on skype.

Point of this? The potter fandom is love and I really really really really really need to make myself active in it.

I can't be shy. No more.

1 comments:

Wendy Banner said...

Loooooooove Harry Potter! :) I absolutely cannot wait for July with the new movie and the Harry Potter Exhibition. I'm definitely seeing it in IMAX. I guess I could stand to make myself more active as well. I don't do anything like the midnight showing, releases, discussions, etc. :/

Post a Comment