Amanda Leigh Surpised Me

So with all things I start sometimes I forget about them. This blog is one instance of this.

To tell the truth, not much has been happening in my life. I've restarted a diet I was on and fell wayside with. I'm studying to get my driving permit and hope to get it within a few weeks. Some lady at work made me cry.

I just haven't had anything interesting to write about.

But that changed today.

I've always been a fan of Mandy Moore. Not as fanatical as I was about the boybands (and later Kelly Clarkson), but I made a point to at least stream her CDs and friend her on myspace. I was more a fan of her movies because I love a cheesy romantic comedy like no one else. Last Week ago I was checking myspace as I rarely do now (I think a wizard rock band put some new songs up so I logged on), and there was a bulletin from Mandy mentioning she had twitter. I check twitter every 5 minutes. This was perfect. She was doing some interview on twitter due to her new album which I had no clue was coming out. But then I realized I told myself no more pointless spending so I put it out of my mind considering I heard it was very different from her past stuff.

Today I was checking up on my twitter and she was talking about how amazon made her album the deal of the day today, the day before it came out. 3.99 digital download. This I could afford and it wouldn't be a waste of money if I hated it.

Turns out I loved it. I'm not sure how to describe what Amanda Leigh sounds like I just know that I really like whatever genre of music it is. It was well worth the 3.99. Its like she took the direction from Wild Hope and amped it up more. Its actually kind of what I wish Kelly did. Took where she went from My December to All I Ever Wanted instead of going back to Breakaway. Its a really good CD though.


And this entry was kind of pointless. I dunno.

0 comments:

Post a Comment